Author:Mr. Phi-aphone DUANGSAVANG

Advisor: Mr. Chanthaxay CHATOUPHONEXAY

Academic: Year 2020

Publisher: Lao-Top College


This thesis is a part of Higher diploma course in the Lao-Top College, it is important for Lao students to know the perception towards English of Lao students on whether to study for degree or not. The objective of this research is to find out percentage of Lao students in year 6 at Viengsavanh High School who know about Viengsavanh High School system, the research sets 5 parts below:

Studying is essential for a person to develop a complete education and provides students with the opportunity to develop study habits, time management skills and self-discipline. Studying also aids in the student’s ability to learn providing the student with knowledge that they can use throughout their life regardless of the career path that they choose. This research identifies the perception, perspective, and practice of studying at Viengsavanh High School among Lao students.

To find out the perception, perspective, and practice of Lao students towards the decision making on whether to study for Viengsavanh High School to comprehend the situation and find ways to enhance studying Viengsavanh High School.

The questionnaires were generated to use as a tool for collecting the data. The samples were expected to 51 people who will give the answer in questionnaire. The data was put and analyzed by using SPSS program. 

            The data collecting form was divided into three parts. That is general information, the local students’ satisfaction to Lao education system and expectation to Viengsavanh High School, and the influential factors towards the decision making of Lao students on whether where to study for bachelor degree.               The results are that some students at Viengsavanh High School have experience about using “Present Simple Tense” before but most of them cannot remember the rules of using in grammar, they can do well about using a third person that following by regular verb was 70% while the rest were still confused to use it was 30%.  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: